• Powered by a V8 4.2 TDI q engine, the Audi A8 L continues to set standards of luxury, design and engineering excellence
• Generates power of 258 kW (350 hp) and delivers 800 Nm of torque
• Accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 5.6 seconds
• Long wheelbase version of Audi A8 delivers comfort and safety standards of distinction
• INR 10,075,000 onwards (ex-showroom Maharashtra)
• Bollywood superstar Abhishek Bachchan takes delivery of his customized Audi A8 L 4.2 TDI
Mumbai: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today unveiled the new Audi A8 L sedan with a powerful and sporty 4.2 TDI engine. The limousine sets new standards for luxury, with exceptional dynamics and efficiency. Equipped with a powerful 4.2 TDI engine, this luxury sedan will be available at all showrooms across India. The car is priced at INR 10,075,000 onwards (ex-showroom Maharashtra) onwards. The Audi A8 L was unveiled by Mr. Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India. On the occasion, Bollywood superstar Mr. Abhishek Bachchan took delivery of his customized Audi A8 L 4.2 TDI.
“After the overwhelming response to the high-tech Audi A8 L in India, we have launched a variant of the flagship of the brand with a powerful diesel engine. True to our brand philosophy of ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’, the Audi A8 L 4.2 TDI epitomizes a new level of sporty performance combined with technical intelligence and engineering art. The car symbolizes true luxe mobility with its opulence, sophistication and aspirational value. The Audi A8 L has been a benchmark in its segment and the new variant will redefine automotive excellence in India”, said Mr. Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.
The 4.2 TDI joins the powerful A8 L family comprising of a V6 3.0 TDI q, V8 4.2 FSI q, and a W12 6.3 L q.
A large, distinguished luxury sedan, the new Audi A8 L impresses with a presence of powerful confidence. The length and wheelbase have both been stretched by 13 centimeters versus the standard normal version wheelbase to measure 5.27 meters, offering increased comfort to rear seat passengers. It is available with an optional relaxation seat with power footrest. A number of seating options are available, including the massage function and rear seat entertainment.
Mr. Perschke added, “The Audi A8 L 4.2 TDI q is an enchanting luxury sedan of classic and timeless elegance. Audi A8 L has technical finesse and exceptional performance which will further define opulence in the Indian auto industry. The interior of the Audi A8 is light and has elegant lines, state-of-the-art fit and finish and the extraordinary attention to the minute details is captivating. Audi engineers have worked with exemplary dedication to every detail so as to deliver a product of true engineering art that will appeal to the perceptive Indian customer. I am confident that the launch of the new Audi A8 L 4.2 TDI will see the same success that our previous models have enjoyed so far in India.”
The 4.2 TDI is a V8 engine. It generates power of 258 kW (350 hp) and delivers 800 Nm of torque between 1750-2750 rpm, making it the sportiest diesel saloon in the luxury class. The fuel consumption and CO2 emissions were cut on average by 15%. It accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 5.6 seconds.
At a glance: The Audi A8 L
- Lightweight and yet ultra-strong aluminum body with ASF design
- 13 centimeters longer than the standard version, measures 5.27 meters
- Timelessly elegant and harmonious lines, optional LED headlights
- Optional panoramic sunroof comprising two glass elements
Interior and controls
- Power-adjustable individual rear seats, with the luxurious rear executive seat package available as an option
- Craftsman-level fit and finish, generous list of standard and optional equipment
- Advanced MMI system including MMI touch with a pioneering character recognition, as standard
Assistance and safety systems
- Night vision assistant with pedestrian marking - Optional
- New Audi pre sense basic safety system for avoiding accidents and for minimizing their consequences
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System- optional
- Rear seat entertainment
- Audi Music interface
- One gasoline engine: 4.2 FSI 273 kW (372 hp)
- Two diesel engine: 3.0 TDI 184 kW (250 hp) and 4.2 TDI 258 kW (350 hp)
- Newly developed, electronically controlled eight-speed tiptronic standard
- quattro all-wheel drive standard
- Lightweight suspension, balanced axle load distribution
- Audi drive select driving dynamic system including standard air suspension and adaptive damping
Audi A8 has also established itself as a true class defining product having bagged seven awards last year from prestigious automotive publications underscoring Audi’s brand essence ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’. The model has won in categories such as Technology and Innovation and also garnered the Premium Luxury Car of the Year and Premium CBU Luxury Sedan of the Year.
Audi India plans to expand its network to 25 dealerships by the end of 2012 from its existing 20 centres. Audi opened its new showroom in Navi Mumbai today. Audi recently opened new showrooms in Coimbatore, Delhi West Nagpur and its second in Madhya Pradesh in Bhopal. Further developments include Lucknow and Goa among others.
The Audi model range in India includes Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi A7 Sportback, Audi A8L, Audi Q3, Audi Q5, Audi Q7, Audi S4, Audi RS5 Coupé, Audi TT, the super sports car Audi R8 and the Audi R8 Spyder available across the country: in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi South, Delhi West, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Mumbai West, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Pune and Surat.