• Striking design and a futuristic luxury experience • Revolutionary operating concept with next generation in-car digitalization • Exclusivity through full customization – 54 exterior color options • 3.0 L petrol engine, 340 HP and 500 Nm torque • 0-100kmph in 5.7 seconds • Priced at INR 1.56 Crore onwards
New Delhi, February 03, 2020:Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today launched the fourth generation of its flagship sedan, the Audi A8 L 55 TFSI in India. The Audi A8 L boasts a 3.0L petrol engine, generates 340hp and 500 Nm of torque propelling the car from 0-100 in 5.7 seconds. In its fourth generation, the new Audi A8 L provides the benchmark for “Vorsprung durch Technik” – with a new design language, an innovative touchscreen operating concept, host of luxury features and infotainment options. Price starts at INR 1.56 Crore onwards.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said, “The new A8 L marks the dawn of a new design era for brand Audi.The car is sophisticated, technology and feature rich. We have fundamentally re-engineered the Audi A8 L in its fourth generation – it now boasts larger dimensions and is heavily customizable. We want customers to customizetheir car keeping in mind their likes and requirements and are confident that the new Audi A8 L will witness the same success that its predecessors have enjoyed in the country.”
Mr. Dhillon further added, “We are pushing the edge on modern luxury with a great-looking cabin and an ultra-luxurious rear with features that are irresistible for flagship followers. The A8 L is the epitome of luxury and forms an extremely important part of our product portfolio for 2020 that focuses on the push for C & D segment cars. The A8 L is our third completely new BS-VI compliant model launch after the All-New Audi A6 and Audi Q8.”
Audi A8 L Highlights at a glance:
New line for the brand: the exterior design and body
• The new A8 L is 5.3 meters long, 1.95 meters wide and 1.49 meters tall. • Body of the A8 L follows the Audi Space Frame principle. • Consists of 58 percent aluminium parts increasing the strength significantly in comparison to its predecessor. • Combination of four different materials embody a new level of multi-material design to the customer’s direct benefit and not just in terms of weight reduction.. • Cabin consists of hot-formed steel components, complemented by an ultra-high strength rigid rear panel made of carbon fibre polymer.. • Magnesium strut-tower bar completes the lightweight construction concept.. • State-of-the-art lighting with HD Matrix LED headlights including Audi laser light and rear lams with OLED Technology.. • Superior rigidity of the body provides the foundation for precise handling, excellent ride comfort and the acoustic tranquillity..
Spacious, clearly defined, progressive interior:
• Lavish and spacious lounge. • Contour and ambient lighting elegantly outlines the striking design lines. • Controllable Matrix LED reading lights in the rear. • Bespoke quality range of equipment and materials – from the perforation in the seat upholstery to the electrically opening and closing of decorative shutters on the air vents and satiny leather of the comfortable head restraints. • Rear left-hand seat is the most elegant place in the new Audi flagship. • A relaxation seat features a host of options for seat, back and headrest adjustment. • A footrest on the backrest of the front-passenger seat with a Foot Massager. • Included as standard in the relaxation seats with a massage function feature, electrically height-adjustable comfort head restraints, footrests, a continuous leather-covered center console. • Rear Seat Entertainment system comprises of two Audi tablets and a rear seat remote. • Rear seat passenger can use the touch control on the Rear seat remote to run numerous convenience features as well as optionally make discreet phone calls. • Interior Air-Quality package comprising on an ionizer and fragrance with adjustable intensity.
Sensitive, with understanding: operation
• Revolutionary operating concept – the 10.1 inch touchscreen display, which, when off, blends almost invisibly into the high-gloss black surround thanks to its black-panel look. • Intuitive and flat menu structure, as with a modern smartphone. • Second touchscreen display on the console of the center tunnel is used to operate the climate control and convenience features, as well as enter texts through handwriting recognition. • Haptic and Acoustic feedback when the driver activates a function in one of the two displays by touch control. They hear and feel a click by way of confirmation. Audi is opening up a new chapter in user experience. • The driver can activate an array of functions in the automobile using a new, natural form of voice control. The driver can freely formulate spoken commands – the voice recognition system understands. • The ingenious dialog manager asks questions if necessary, allows corrections, offers choices and also defers to the speaker when interrupted. • A multifunction steering wheel and an optional head-up display round off the operating concept. • A total of 5 touch screens in the New Audi A8L to suit all your functional and entertainment needs.
• MMI Navigation Plus and greatly optimized navigation system. • B&O 3D Surround sound system with front 3D Spatial Sound as standard. • Optionally available 23 speaker 1920 W Bang and Olufsen Advanced Sound System. • Rear seats, are for the first time included in its fascinating 3D sound with height information unfolding the music as you hear it in a concert hall. • Audi Phone box in the front and Optional in the rear with rear seat telephony.
Mild-hybrid technology for greater efficiency: the drive systems
• The Audi A8 L boasts a V6 3.0 TFSI motor generating 340 hp and 500 Nm of torque. • Equipped with a 48V mild-hybrid technology that can coast at speeds between 55 and 160 km/h with the engine off allowing the Audi A8 L to travel with zero emissions for up to 40 seconds. • Fuel consumption brought down by as much as 0.7 liters per 100 kilometres in customer operation due to the mild-hybrid technology. • Eight-stage tiptronic transmission with lock-up clutch. • Standard quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with self-locking differential.
New dimension: the chassis:
• Optionally available Dynamic all-wheel steering. • The dynamic all-wheel steering redefines the limits of the physically possible by allowing the steering angles at the front and rear axles to be set independently of one another. • Combines delay-free response and steering behaviour with superior driving stability. • Audi Drive Select system with an Individual mode to customize your driving experience. • Revolutionary technologies and control systems making the Audi A8 L even more comfortable, sporty and safe.
• Safety on the Audi A8 L goes without saying. Audi Pre-Sense basic, 8 Standard airbags which optionally upgradeable to 10 airbags with 2 central airbags for additional protection. • Active Head restraints protect your neck from whiplash in the event of a rear end collision • The Surround Cameras enable you to negotiate tight spaces with a superior 3D view. The display can be pinched and zoomed for the best view of that tight corner.
* The specified fuel consumption and emission data have been determind according to the measurement procedures prescribed by law. Since 1st September 2017, certain new vehicles are already being type-approved according to the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP), a more realistic test procedure for measuring fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Starting on September 1st 2018, the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) will be replaced by the WLTP in stages. Owing to the more realistic test conditions, the fuel consumption and CO2 emissions measured according to the WLTP will, in many cases, be higher than those measured according to the NEDC. Therefore, the usage of CO2 emission values measured according to WLTP for vehicle taxation from 1st September 2018 on can cause changes in this regards as well. For further information on the differences between the WLTP and NEDC, please visit www.audi.de/wltp.
We are currently still required by law to state the NEDC figures. In the case of new vehicles which have been type-approved according to the WLTP, the NEDC figures are derived from the WLTP data. It is possible to specify the WLTP figures voluntarily in addition until such time as this is required by law. In cases where the NEDC figures are specified as value ranges, these do not refer to a particular individual vehicle and do not constitute part of the sales offering.
They are intended exclusively as a means of comparison between different vehicle types. Additional equipment and accessories (e.g. add-on parts, different tyre formats, etc.) may change the relevant vehicle parameters, such as weight, rolling resistance and aerodynamics, and, in conjunction with weather and traffic conditions and individual driving style, may affect fuel consumption, electrical power consumption, CO2 emissions and the performance figures for the vehicle.