22nd March 2021
Designed to turn heads. Engineered to thrill
Audi India drives in the striking new Audi S5 Sportback
• Audi India’s second launch of 2021
• S-specific design elements enhance sleek four-door sports coupe silhouette
• Powered by a 3.0-liter, TFSI petrol engine that delivers 354 hp and a whopping 500 Nm of torque; 0 to 100 km/h in a quick 4.8 seconds
• quattro permanent all-wheel drive with a self-locking center differential
• New 48.26 cm (R19), 5 double arm, S Design, Graphite Gray Alloy wheels
• New S Sports Suspension with Damper Control
• Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus with additional Sport Mode view
• Matrix LED Headlamps with dynamic turn signals
• Comfort key with electric boot lid function
• Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound system with 3D sound
• Navigation system on the high-resolution 25.65 cm color display with MMI Touch
• Prices start from INR 79.06 lakhs (ex-showroom)
Mumbai, March 22, 2021: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced the launch of the new Audi S5 Sportback in India. Powering the latest Audi S5 Sportback is a 3.0-litre, twin-turbo TFSI petrol engine delivering 354 hp and 500 Nm of torque, mated to an 8-speed Tiptronic gearbox that sends power to all four wheels. The four-door sports coupe is being brought to India via the CBU route and is priced from INR 79.06 lakhs (ex-showroom).
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said, “The Audi S5 Sportback is the second product launch this year and we are excited to launch this beauty in India. The Audi S5 Sportback stands out for its distinctive styling and engaging driving experience on one hand, and everyday usability and five-seat comfort on the other. Glamorous, powerful and practical, it is an enticing proposition for buyers who want it all. The introduction of the Audi S5 Sportback will further strengthen our performance cars portfolio in the country.”
The Audi S5 Sportback receives revised styling elements that add in even more visual drama. The Singleframe grille is now flatter with slits above forming a link to the iconic Audi Sport quattro from 1984. S model bumpers with larger air intakes and a slick blade that forms the lower edge of the front bumper also lend the Audi S5 Sportback a bolder look. The 48.26 cm, 5 double arm S Design alloy wheels along with optional red brake calipers add to the sportiness of the S5 Sportback while the redone diffuser only helps embellish the perfect proportions and flowing four-door coupe shape.
Inside, the Audi S5 Sportback offers a brilliant blend of comfort and sportiness. A flat-bottomed steering wheel, sport front seats and Alcantara leather upholstery set the tone for the cabin. Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus, an updated MMI system and a panoramic glass sunroof are amongst other highlights inside. Head-up display and a 19 speaker, 755W Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound system with 3D sound are among optional upgrades available to buyers.
At the heart of the Audi S5 Sportback is a 3.0-litre TFSI engine with direct and indirect fuel injection, turbo-charging, and Audi valvelift, putting out 354 hp and 500 Nm of torque. All this power is sent to all four wheels via quattro permanent all-wheel drive, with a self-locking differential, and propels the car to 100 km/h in a quick 4.8 seconds.
Mr. Dhillon further added, “With the introduction of new products we are focused on customer delight across segments. Our sales in tier-II and III cities are also growing and we expect it to pick up further during the year. 2021 is a very exciting year for Audi India and customers will be thrilled with what lies ahead for brand Audi. All I can say at this moment is, stay tuned for lots of action in the coming months!”
Customers can visit the official website (www.audi.in) and experience the Audi S5 Sportback in Augmented Reality. Through Augmented Reality and the 360-degree product visualizer, customers can view the inside and outside of the Audi S5 Sportback and can book it online from the comfort of their home or can register their interest at the nearest Audi India dealership. Potential customers and enthusiasts also get access to features including Augmented Reality, placement of test drive requests, product brochures, and service cost calculators amongst others on the latest version of the ‘myAudi Connect’ App.
Effortless grace and smart design
• Large surfaces, sharp edges, an exciting play of light and shadow – the exterior design of the S5 embodies the progressive Audi design language.
• Striking shoulder line arches dynamically above the wheel housings.
• A wide, low single-frame grille features three-dimensional aluminum struts and is flanked by the standard Matrix LED headlights.
• U-shaped clasps structure the large, pentagonal air inlets, which are partly filled with honeycomb grilles and separate openings allow direct airflow into the wheel housings for improved aerodynamics.
• Exterior mirrors have aluminum-look housings and the strongly contoured side sills are particularly eye-catching.
• The Audi S5 Sportback has a spoiler integrated into the luggage compartment lid. LED rear lights with dynamic turn signals are standard.
• There is a choice of eight paint finishes, including Turbo Blue, Daytona Gray, and Tango red.
• The 48.26 cm, 5 double arm S style Graphite Gray alloys along with optional red brake calipers add to the sportiness of the Audi S5 Sportback.
An optional Black styling package can be selected to make the Audi S5 Sportback stand out even more.'
Style and functionality
• Horizontal lines characterize the design. A wide band of air vents, an elegant air conditioning panel, and a large decorative surface define the instrument panel layout.
• The large glass panoramic sunroof provides a glorious view of the sky from inside the car.
• Electrically adjustable front Sports seats with Driver side memory are standard.
• Seat coverings are available in a leather/Alcantara combination and you can choose from the Black and Rotor Gray colors.
• The illuminated door sill strips, the sport leather flat-bottom steering wheel with multifunction plus, and the clasp on the tiptronic selector lever bear the S logo with a red rhombus.
• The pedal caps and the footrest are stainless steel; the inlays are made of matt-brushed aluminum with additional options to choose from.
• Contour Ambient lighting that you can control and choose from 30 different colours.
• The S5 Sportback features 3-zone automatic air conditioning as standard.
Controls and infotainment:
Well-connected and informed
• The MMI system onboard the S5 models offers a highly modern control logic.
• Features intelligent free-text search function and the voice control function recognizes inputs from everyday speech.
• Audi Virtual Cockpit plus offers a fully digital instrument cluster for the flexible and need-based display of information relevant to the driver.
• Innovative, fully digital 31.24 cm instrument cluster in full HD resolution, Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus comes with three customizable view modes: Sport, S performance & Dynamic.
• The optional head-up display projects important data onto the windshield as symbols and digits.
• The infotainment system is modular, with MMI navigation plus with MMI touch and a 25.65 cm monitor topping the infotainment range.
• Audi Sound system is standard and can be upgraded to Bang & Olufsen Premium Sound system with a 3D sound that has 19 speakers with a maximum output of 755W.
• The Audi Smartphone interface helps get easy access to your phone system, navigation, music, and third-party apps via the MMI touch display or smartphone.
• The optionally available Audi Park Assist works in tandem with the Parking System to identify suitable bay and kerb-sized parking spaces using ultrasonic sensors. While the driver
accelerates and changes gears, the system automatically steers the vehicle during parking.
• Optional Comfort Key with sensor controlled luggage compartment release.
3.0 TFSI: Firepower
• 3.0 TFSI V6 petrol engine uses turbocharging and a combination of direct injection and indirect injection for best efficiency and performance.
• Output is 354 hp (260 kW), and 500 Nm of torque is available between 1,370 and 4,500 rpm.
• A sporty exhaust note provides a fitting soundtrack
• The start-stop system helps reduce fuel consumption and CO₂ emissions by switching the engine off when the vehicle is stationary. The system can be deactivated at any time via a
The eight-speed tiptronic: lightning-fast and smooth
• The 3.0 TFSI transmits its power to a lightning-fast and smooth-shifting eight-speed Tiptronic transmission system.
• Lower gears feature short, sporty ratios, while the upper gears are long to reduce revs and fuel consumption.
• Let the torque converter automatic transmission work on its own or one can choose to switch to manual for more control.
• Shift sequence and connection logic are optimized for rapid development of traction.
quattro permanent all-wheel drive and sporty suspension:
• Self-locking center differential with quattro permanent all-wheel drive system transfers power from the eight-speed tiptronic to all four wheels.
• Torque is normally distributed in a ratio of 40:60 between the front and rear axle.
• S Sports Suspension is standard and can be upgraded to the sophisticated S Sports Suspension with Damper Control that contributes to the sporty driving dynamics of the Audi S5
• The S Sports suspension with Damper Control comes with damper settings for more direct contact with the road and sportier handling.