19th April 2023
Audi India registers 126% sales growth in Q1 2023
• 1,950 new cars delivered compared to 862 units in the same period last year-strongest quarter one sales in the last six years
• Audi Approved: plus, pre-owned cars business witnessed strongest ever sales in a quarter at 50%
• Strongest ever SUV portfolio: Audi Q3 Sportback, Audi Q5, Audi Q7, Audi Q8, Audi RS Q8, Audi e-tron 55 and Audi e-tron Sportback 55 offer a wide choice to customers
• Continued strong demand for sports cars; Audi RS e-tron GT, Audi e-tron GT, Audi RS5 Sportback, Audi S5 Sportback and sedans; Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi A8 L
Mumbai, April 19, 2023: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, continued its strong sales momentum in Q1 2023 the brand with the four rings has retailed 1,950 units in the period of January to March 2023.
Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India said, We have witnessed strong growth of 126% in Q1 2023 compared to the same period last year. Our product line-up boasts of sixteen models and we currently have the strongest ever SUV portfolio contributing to over 60% of our total sales (in Q1, 2023). The newly launched Audi Q3 and Audi Q3 Sportback are witnessing strong demand from across the country. We are on a growth path and are confident of a bullish performance through the year
Audi India continues the expansion of its pre-owned car business, Audi Approved: plus in India. Currently operating with twenty-two Audi Approved: plus showrooms across all major hubs in the country, the brand is rapidly expanding and will have twenty-five plus pre-owned car facilities by the end of 2023.
Audi India offers segment-first initiatives including the warranty coverage for five years with unlimited mileage. In addition, the brand introduced the Audi Club Reward program that offers exclusive access, segment-first privileges and bespoke experiences to all existing owners (including Audi Approved: plus owners) and future customers of Audi India.
Audi India's current line-up of products include: Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi A8 L, Audi Q3, Audi Q3 Sportback, Audi Q5, Audi Q7, Audi Q8, Audi S5 Sportback, Audi RS5 Sportback, Audi RS Q8, Audi etron 50, Audi etron 55, Audi e-tron Sportback 55, Audi e-tron GT and Audi RS e-tron GT.
Q1, 2023 sales insights:
• SUV's contributed over 60% of sales
• Strongest ever sales in a quarter with 50% growth for Audi Approved: plus
• Audi's fully electric car portfolio, including sports cars the Audi RS e-tron GT and Audi e-tron GT continue to enjoy strong customer demand
• Strong performance for top-end models - Audi Q7, Audi Q8 and Audi A8 L