Audi India launches its style statement on wheels - the Audi Q8
• Flagship SUV introduces the new face of Audi’s Q-family in India • Big on customization for individuals who want a car to match their personality • A driver’s car that boasts the power-packed combo of a 3.0L TFSI petrol engine and 8-speed tiptronic transmission • Sporty dynamics with permanent quattro all-wheel drive • Adaptive air suspension with controlled damping as standard • Cutting-edge tech including MMI touch response with haptic feedback, Audi Smartphone Interface, B&O Sound System and myAUDI Connect • 0-100kmph in 5.9 seconds • Priced at INR 1.33 crore onwards
Mumbai, January 15, 2020: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today launched the new face of its Q family - the Audi Q8. A combination of a four-door luxury coupé and a versatile SUV, the Audi Q8 is equipped with a powerful yet efficient 3.0 TFSI engine that generates 250KW (340 hp) and 500Nm of torque propelling the car from 0-100kmph in 5.9 seconds. Richly equipped, comprehensively connected and tough enough for off-road duty, the Audi Q8 55 TFSI is a composed companion for business and leisure. It is big on customization and is priced at INR 1.33 crore onwards
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said, “With the launch of the Audi Q8, we are targeting individuals who want their car to match their personality. Each Audi Q8 will be made-to-order, available with a plethora of customization options to choose from; we want every Q8 in the country to look different, from the outside and the inside. The Audi Q8 will be imported to India as a fully built units and there will be only 200 units on offer. The launch of our new flagship SUV marks the beginning of a power-packed year for us and we are confident that the Audi Q8 will attract enthusiasts who enjoy driving.”
Mr. Dhillon further added, “We are entering a new segment with the Audi Q8 but the guiding principles remain the same – bold design, cutting edge technology and exciting performance. The 3.0L TFSI engine with 48V mild-hybrid technology, progressive steering and air suspension make every drive in the Q8 memorable.”
“Audi India has set-out very clear goals for itself in next few years under Strategy 2025. 2020 is an extremely important year for Audi India as we launch our new BSVI product portfolio. The Audi Q8 is part of our strategy to strengthen Audi’s presence in the country under the goals of Strategy 2025. C and D segments are key focus areas for us in defining the Strategy 2025. The Audi Q8 will help us gain a stronger hold in the D segment market and will be our brand shaper in the days to come.”
Audi India also introduced Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) elements that give customers a look and feel of a car that can be configured before purchase. As part of the Digital Retail initiatives, Audi India has also taken e-commerce to the next level – customers can now purchase genuine Audi merchandise directly online from the Audi Shop on URL (https://www.audiindia.in/audishop/)
Audi Q8 – Highlights at a glance:
Dimensional and space concept:
• 4.99 meters (16.4 ft) long, 2.00 meters (6.6 ft) wide and 1.71 meters (5.6 ft) tall • With a wheelbase of 3.00 meters (9.8 ft) it offers a specious interior • The luggage compartment holds up to 1,755 litres
• Sporty design and upscale prestige like no other • Imposing Singleframe grille in octagonal design • The size & shape of the broad C-pillar evokes memories of race-winning quattro cars • LED headlights flow into swell in the upper fender • The flare of the fender starts midway on the door & extends to integrate elegantly with the rear lift gate • Pronounced air intakes enhance the aggressive SUV character • Panoramic sunroof and frameless doors • Standard HD Matrix LED Technology brighten up the darkest nights • Continuous running LED strip with dynamic indicators • Trapezoidal tailpipe design, High Gloss Black design trim and Diffusers in Anthracite black optional • Optional S Line Exterior package for sporty and aggressive looks • Optional S Line Sports Package with Sports Air Suspension, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel and Sports Seats
• Wrap around design • High quality cabin ‘Aero-acoustics’ • Driver-focused Cockpit design • Button-less MMI Navigation system with Touch Response • Options include customized contour seats with massage function and ventilation. Four-zone automatic air conditioning and air quality package with fragrance and ionizer further enhance the elegant ambience.
Features & Digitalization:
• MMI and Touch Response – 2 Screens, Primary (25.65 cms,10.1”) and Secondary (21.84 cms, 8.6”) • Haptic and Acoustic feedback • MMI Search - Free Text Search • Natural language interaction with speed dialogue system • Advanced handwriting recognition – whole word recognition • Provision for shortcuts in the secondary screen • Audi Phone Box with Wireless Charging • B&O 3D Surround Sound System (23 Speakers, 1920 watts) • Audi Music and Smartphone Interface
Suspension and Drive:
• 3.0 L TFSI, 340 hp, 500 NM, BSVI compliant, 48V Mild Hybrid • 0-100 in 5.9 seconds. Top Speed 250km/h • Fast and smooth-shifting eight-speed tiptronic transmission • 254 millimeters of ground clearance, short overhangs, quattro permanent all-wheel drive and hill descent control • Standard progressive steering with optional all-wheel steering • Adaptive air suspension with controlled damping as standard • Audi Drive Select with 7 driving modes including “Individual” mode
• Audi Pre-Sense basic • 8 Airbags • Electronic Stabilization Program
• Audi Exclusive customization with 54 exterior colors, 11 interior colors and 9 wooden inlays to choose from • Infinite personalization possibilities
• First-in-luxury car segment • One Application – All-Things Audi
“The specified values of fuel consumption and emission are determined according to the mandatory emission test measurement specified in Rule 115 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989 (CMVR), under controlled conditions using reference fuel, at an agency authorized under Rule 126 of CMVR. Fuel consumption and emission values may vary due to factors such as driving habits, road and traffic condition, fuel quality, maintenance practices, loading pattern, ambient condition and engineering tolerances etc.
The values declared for the vehicles have been obtained from one of the variant tested as per Central Motor Vehicle Rule 115. Fuel consumption and emission value for other variants may differ. Audi India or its authorize dealers shall not be held liable for any difference in fuel consumption values, due to any of the aforesaid variables.
Due to constant product improvement / changes in regulatory framework, technical specification provided herewith are subject to change without prior notice, customers are requested to contact Audi Call Centre / Audi Authorised Dealer for further details.”